Knog the straight jacket fatty 800mm fat chain lock steel nylon black/white new
Knog "The Stright Jacket Fatty" 800mm Fat Chain Lock
New in original packaging / MSRP $34.95 / Ships in 24hrs
The Straight Jacket could take a man out with just one punch. But she
never did like to talk about it all that much. I suppose it's because
she's a bike lock
- Manufacturer: knog
- Model: "the stright jacket fatty"
- Type: chain lock
- Length: 800mm
- Includes: 2 keys
- Material: Hardened steel chain with tough nylon sleeve
- Color: Black/White
- Weight: 1300g (claimed)
- Condition: new in original packaging
- Body: high strength, hardened steel
- Hardened chain : heat-treated specifically to create a balance
between hardness (cutting resistance) and toughness (for tensile and
- Chain cover : hard wearing, vibrant and robust nylon cover
protects your bike from scratches.
- Padlock : hardened strong steel shackle padlock with brass body.
- Padlock cover : tough nylon cover to protect padlock and shroud
shackle, preventing access with bolt cutters.
- Lock barrel : colourful, tough nylon cover with 3 unique colour
options that protects your bike from any unwanted damage.
This item is new in retail packaging.
General assembly notes:
While working on bicycles is not difficult, an improperly assembled / tuned bicycle can lead to damage to the bicycle or injury to you. we recommend that you have a qualified mechanic install components and service your bicycle.
Brakes - It is not uncommon that new hydraulic brakes would required bleeding. While not difficult for a qualified mechanic it is very easy to introduce air into the lines. We strongly recommend you have a qualified mechanic bleed your brakes if necessary.
Wheels - It is not uncommon that a new wheel may require some minor truing and if equipped bearing cone adjustment.
Suspension - Shocks are not easily serviced outside a shop setting. Any adjustment beyond rebound and sag should be done by a shop. Quick note on lockout function, it will not become rigid, it will however be very stiff.
Note: stripped threads in cranks and pedals are due to those components not being properly tightened. stripped threads due to improper assembly / maintenance are not covered by warranty.
- Rates - please see shipping tab at the top of the description for expedited options.
- Combined shipping discounts - no discounts are given for multiple items. all items are sold with free shipping.
- Ak, hi, apo/fpo - shipping to these locations is a global on / off function. due to the varied nature of our product mix and the impact of dim weight we are not able to ship to these locations.
- International shipping - customs / duty / taxes are not included in the shipping price. these charges are determined by your government and will be collected at delivery.
- Returns are accepted if you contact us within 30 days of delivery
- Item must be in new condition in original packaging
- You are responsible for return shipping
- Items offered with free shipping will have the actual original shipping deducted from the return amount.
- Shipping is not refundable.
- We accept and prefer paypal. we also accept visa, master card, amex and discover.
- charges a commission on all sales when you commit to buy. if for any reason you need to cancel a transaction please contact us so we can initiate a mutual agreement to cancel a transaction. if you fail to contact us our only other recourse to recoup that commission is to file an unpaid item dispute. we wait 10 days after the close of an item to initiate that process. this is not personal, we just can't afford to pay commissions on sales that do not complete.
- We prefer email. we answer email m-f. please use the ask a question link at the bottom of the description or the ask seller a question link at the top of the page. we strive to answer all email within 1 business day.
- We are open m-f 8-4 central. sorry we are no longer allowed to list our phone number, please use the "find contact information" form.
- We respect your privacy. we only collect the information needed to receive your payment and ship your order. we do collect your phone number in the checkout in order to assist the carrier if there is a problem at delivery. we will not sell your information to anyone. during checkout you will have the option to opt into a mailing list. unless you opt in, the only email you will receive from us is information necessary to update you on the status of your order.
- Where do you get your stuff? - trade secret.
- Why do you use your own upc and not the mfg's upc? - using our own upc's gives us greater influence on the description. because many of our parts are oe they either do not have a mfg upc or may differ slightly on what is included. using a mfg upc can cause our description to be overridden by a catalog description that may not match what we are selling. additionally many manufactures use upc's that start with a 4. those are not necessarily unique numbers and are not always valid as unique product identifiers outside a store setting.
- You say over and over to have a qualified mechanic work on my bike. what if i want to do my own work? - not a problem, most repairs are easy and do not require special tools. there are several great instructional resources out there. just be aware as a novice it will take you longer and components damaged due to improper installation are not covered by warranty.
- Can i pick up my item to save shipping? - yes, but we are in the sticks. our closest starbucks is 30 minutes away. we do ask that you contact us first so we can pull your order. with drive time and gas not many people realize a savings.
Before disc brakes, before v-brakes, before suspension forks, around the time the first index shifters that actually worked and the first production mountain bikes hit your lbs, ben gibbs started bennett’s cycle in st. louis park, mn. in the late ‘90’s he sold that shop and started experimenting with online sales. ben started selling on in ’99, back in the day when your default user id was your email address. if you wanted to get fancy you could change that to your website url. that id (can’t put the name here because it included a url) was one of the first to exceed 100,000 positive feedbacks. in 2006 ben sold that company and moved to his cabin near cross lake.
In 2006, i, tom maschhoff, made the jump from employee to partner and started crosslake sales with ben. our history and passion for bicycles and cycling gear goes way back and provides inspiration for our future.
Our business philosophy
Move as many parts as possible without it being a pain. just keeping it real. pulling that off is a bit easier said than done. in order to do that we strive to deliver value to our customers by sourcing quality products at prices that make you ask is that for real? we commit to being honest and fair in our transactions with customers and suppliers. if a dispute arises, if we are at fault, admit it early. we are committed to providing a work environment that recognizes the unique value of each of our employees. and recognize that work, while it consumes much or our time, is only a part of who we are and by being welcoming and accommodating when life spills in. the only slightly unreasonable thing we ask of them is to stay out of our parking spots.
Where we are:
Crosslake Sales Crosslake, MN 56442
We also have two other remote warehouses in the area for a total footprint of 45,000 sqft